Monday, December 23, 2013

2013 Reading Challenge Wrap-Up

2013 is come to the end, so this is the time to wrap-up all reading challenge for this year. Honestly, I feel very bad to tell all the host that I failed almost challenge that I joined, but I still want to summarize it, here they are:

Let's Read Plays hosted by Fanda Classiclit


Duration : 01 November 2012 - 31 October 2013
One Play at a Month
Plan : Read 12 Plays
Result: None

I never read plays before, so when Fanda started this challenge, I thought I'll try it. Unfortunately, after I started read Julius Caesar part 1, I can't continued read it. I hope someday I can get my courage to start it over.  

***************

TBR Pile Challenge hosted by Roof Beam Reader


1 January 2013 - 31 December 2013
Plan : To Read 12 Books + 2 Alternate
Result : 8 Books + 1 Book Alternate

Thanks to this reading challenge, finally I started read some books that has been years in my shelf. Here are the books I have read:

(all those books below is translated edition except for The Great Gatsby)

The Three Musketeers - Alexandre Dumas
The Great Gatsby - F. Scott Fitzgerald
Black Beauty - Anne Sewell
Girl with Pearl Earring - Tracy Chevalier
Pride and Prejudice - Jane Austen
The Remains of the Day - Kazuo Ishiguro
Imperium - Robert Harris
Conspirata - Robert Harris

***************

Historical Fiction Challenge 2013 hosted by HobbyBuku

Challenge : 15 - 20 Books / 3 Years
Plan : 5 Books in 2013
Result : 5 Books

Historical Fiction is one of my favorite Genre, I enjoyed reading Historical Fiction so much, and thanks to HobbyBuku that hosted this challenge, I became more enthusiastic to read more Historical Fiction. This year I succeeded read all books that I planned to read in the beginning of 2013. Here are the books I have read:

(all those books below is translated edition)

Girl with Pearl Earring - Tracy Chevalier
The Three Musketeers - Alexandre Dumas
Imperium - Robert Harris
Conspirata - Robert Harris

No comments:

Post a Comment