Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Reading Challenge 2015

I had picked several books to begin my reading journey throughout 2015, even though I haven't decide to join any challenge. But looking at my pile lately made me crazy, I thought "How many times I will need to read all those books?", then I thought "I had to force myself to read more books this year", So here I am challenge myself to read more books in my little time through these several reading challenge:

Lucky No 15. Rading Challenge hosted by Astrid


This is a second year for me to join this challenge from Astrid, and last year I failed it, so this year I must do better. To join the challenge you must read 15 books throughout 2015, you can find the rule on Astrid's Page. Here are the fifteenth books I will read for the challenge:

  1. Chunky BrickGrab that book with more than 500 pages that you’d always been afraid to tackle. You know you can do it! -- The name of the Rose by Umberto Eco
  2. Something NewJust purchased a book lately? Don’t let it buried in your stacks, read it now! -- People of the Book by Geraldine Brooks
  3. Something BorrowedRead a book that you borrowed from someone else. Don’t make the owner waiting forever for you to finish it. (Books borrowed from friends, libraries, or even rental places, are allowed) -- The Circle by Dave Eggers (borrowed from Astrid :D)
  4. It's been there foreverDig your TBR pile and read a book that has been there more than a year. It’s time for you to appreciate it -- Pompeii by Robert Harris
  5. Freesbies TimeWhat’s the LAST free book you’ve got? Whether it’s from giveaway, a birthday gift or a surprise from someone special, don’t hold back any longer. Open the book and start reading it now. -- Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck
  6. Bargain all the wayEver buying a book because it’s so cheap you don’t really care about the content? Now it’s time to open the book and find out whether it’s really worth your cents. -- Island of the Blue Dolphins by Scott O'Dell (it was from the same challenge last year, I picked it because I haven't read it yet that's why I failed the challenge)
  7. Favorite ColorPick a book from your shelf which has your favorite color for its cover! Is it pink, red or black? You decide. -- to be picked
  8. First InitialRead a book that has been written by an author whose first initial is the same with you (Example: My name is Astrid, and I can read anything written by Agatha Christie, Aesop, Arthur Conan Doyle, etc) -- to be picked
  9. Super SeriesRead one (or more!) books that belong in a series, it can be trilogy, or tetralogy, or anything. -- The Mysterious Benedict Society by Trenton Lee Stewart
  10. Opposite AttractRead a book that’s been written by a writer whose gender is different from your own. -- The Solitaire Mystery by Jostein Gaarder
  11. Randomly PickedAsk someone else (a friend, your spouse, even your kids!) to randomly pick a book from your TBR pile. Don’t complain whatever they choose for you, just read it -- to be picked
  12. Cover LustGrab a book from your shelf that you bought because you fell in love with the cover. Is the content as good as the cover? -- Moloka'i by Allan Brennert
  13. Who are you againYou’ve never read a book from this author, maybe you haven’t even heard his/her name before. But who knows? Maybe he/she will become your new favorite author! -- Escape from Mr. Lemoncello's Library
  14. One word onlyRead a book that only has one word for its title (number is allowed as long as it’s only consisted of one word, e.g: 1, 2, 11). -- Fatherland by Rober Harris
  15. Dream destinationRead a book that has setting in a place you’ve never visited before – but would like to if you have a chance. Could be real places or even fictional!

New Author Reading Challenge hosted by Ren


I found new author lately and they surprised me with some magical characters or plots that I loved, so I decided to join New Author Reading Challenge to have more new author throughout 2015. Find the rules and details for this challenge on Ren's Page. And for started, I wanna to join the Easy Level for this challenge, which is include 1 - 15 books from new author to read, yaaay I will meet 15 new authors this year, glad to join this challenge Ren and thank you for hosting it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment